Fares Collected Starting Wednesday, June 24
METRO will resume fare collection and front-of-bus boarding Wednesday, June 24. There is a grace period Wednesday, June 24-Sunday, June 28 to allow riders the chance to purchase bus passes. Riders must have a pass Monday, June 29 in order to ride. The River Cities Travel Center Sales Office re-opens Wednesday, June 24, weekdays, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Face coverings fully covering the nose and mouth are required to enter the travel center, and riders must follow the floor guides at the travel center to stay six feet away from others in the line.
The METRO team highly encourages riders who want a contactless fare payment system to download the free, secure Token Transit smartphone app and purchase passes through the app. Friends and family members can visit tokentransit.com, purchase passes and send them to any 10-digit smartphone number for use. Need help learning how to use the app? Call METRO Customer Service at 501-375-6717.
Because demand for pass purchases and photo ID creation is expected to be high when the travel center opens Wednesday, METRO is asking all riders who need service-related information to avoid the travel center pass sales line and instead call METRO Customer Service with their informational questions: 501-375-6717. The travel center lobby remains closed with the exception of riders using restrooms or purchasing passes or submitting discount fare ID applications, which will be accepted during the non-peak travel center hours of 9 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 4 p.m.
On Wednesday, June 24:
• HAVE YOUR FARE READY AND MOVE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE TO AN AVAILABLE SEAT ONCE YOUR FARE HAS BEEN PAID.
• Use the Token Transit smartphone app for contactless fare payment.
• Buses are still limiting passengers to 10 passengers per bus to encourage social distancing.
• Face coverings fully covering the nose and mouth are still required to ride METRO vehicles.
• Transit trips should still be limited to essential trips only: work, groceries, pharmacy and health appointments.