Affordable, Accessible Transit Service, Your Way!
METRO Connect is a newer microtransit service at Rock Region METRO.
See How to Use METRO Connect Microtransit Below.
For certain service areas, microtransit does a better job of meeting transit demand than a full-size bus operating on a fixed route. Microtransit allows Rock Region METRO to provide on-demand transit rides using smaller vehicles within a set zone, during regular operating hours, via its METRO Connect on-demand service.
METRO Connect offers:
METRO Connect offers a smartphone app, the Transloc Microtransit App, (and dial-in service) to schedule ride-hailing trips occurring within a set service area, during regular METRO Connect zone operating hours (hours vary per zone). Each zone has specific “points of interest” that allow riders to travel to a specific transfer point outside of the zone to access additional METRO transit service, such as fixed routes. Click on the dropdown menu above for zone maps, hours of operations, specific zone “points of interest,” and connecting fixed routes. Standard METRO fares apply.
Did you know? You can preschedule your trips within the app, which is an excellent way to plan for getting to and from work or school every day, for example. Pad your time a bit (this is a shared ride operated in mixed traffic with other motorists, which means your vehicle may not use the most direct path from Point A to Point B to get to your destination), set the trips on the recurring schedule needed, and just be sure to cancel any trips in advance when they are not needed. Easy!
Pro Tip: Should you ever have a question about the service or a particular trip and need to discuss it with the METRO team, please be sure to note which name and phone number on which the trip was actually logged to get more informed customer service.
1. Download the Transloc Microtransit App. (This app requires Android 5.0, released in 2014, and iOS 10.0 or later.)
2. Allow the app to access your smartphone’s locations services.
3. Create an account. Please Note: Disregard the university account login prompt and instead create a Transloc account.
4. Click Ridesharing Services and select Connect John Barrow Road Zone Weekday, Connect John Barrow Road Zone Saturday, Connect Riverdale Zone Weekday or Connect Riverdale Zone Saturday.
5. Tap the map.
6. Confirm your pickup location and select your drop-off location. Both locations must be within the zone (either the John Barrow Road Zone or the Riverdale Zone; you CANNOT connect directly from one zone to the other, but you can connect to nearby fixed bus routes from either zone).
7. To schedule your ride in advance, change your pickup time by tapping ASAP and selecting a new date and time. Rides may be scheduled up to one week in advance.
8. Select the number of passengers with you and whether you need a wheelchair-accessible vehicle.
9. Tap Request Ride when ready.
Stay informed on your ride status with push notifications.
Should you need to cancel a ride, click on the three dots and select Cancel Ride Request. Riders: There is a 5-minute limit waiting on passengers for pickup. After five minutes of waiting, the ride will be cancelled.
Call METRO Dispatch at 501-476-3761 to schedule your pickup. You will be asked for your first and last name and phone number to set up a METRO Connect Transloc account, or, if you have an existing METRO Connect Transloc account, you will be asked for the email address associated with it.
Standard METRO fares apply. Cash, passes and Token Transit app passes are accepted. Coming Soon: Pay your fare within the Transloc Microtransit app for faster boarding! Please note: Collected fares are not refundable.
Visit ondemand.transloc.com. For step-by-step instructions, click here.
If you are accessing the app farther than 30 miles from a zone parameter, a zone will not appear within the app and a “Booking unavailable” message will appear.